Join us for a language and cuisine online LIVE event.
Are you missing the excitement, challenge, and adrenalin that comes from traveling, learning a language, and trying new cuisine?
Is Vietnam on your travel must-see list? Or are you a complete Vietnamese foodie lover? Or even wondered if learning a language like Vietnamese might be for you?
So even though we aren’t able to travel internationally right now, we can still dream right?! And we can still have these experiences, at least in a slightly different way – and from home.
That’s why these virtual EXPLORE events are so popular right now!
So what will happen?
We will have two fantastic guests joining me for this event.
Vu Vo – the owner of Saigon Street Eats will talk to us about his favourite Vietnamese dishes. The focus will be on street food and what to look for when choosing a stall or a dish and what food not to miss when visiting Vietnam.
Shinegi Dương – a Vietnamese teacher based in Hanoi will teach us some basic Vietnamese greetings, and of course how to pronounce all the delicious food we will one day order.
Penny Wilson – me! I first visited Vietnam as a teenager in 1997 and have been learning Vietnamese, living in, working in and visiting Vietnam ever since. It’s my favourite place in the whole world and during this event I will share some of my favourite travel tips.
Why should I attend?
It allows us all a chance to experience a new destination, its language and food without having to step on a plane (or a train or an automobile)… AND gives us an opportunity to dream, keep learning and keep connecting with new experiences, languages and cultures.
Who should attend?
This event is for you if you:
- Want to plan a trip to Vietnam one day and want the best tips and insight on what to eat and where to go.
- Are keen to start learning the basics of a new language
- Want to be able to say hello and thank you and a few other key words and phrases in Vietnamese
- Dreamed about ordering your favourite Vietnamese dishes with the right pronunciation
- Would love some travel tips to making the most of a trip to Vietnam
- Would like to spend 1.5 hours learning and dreaming with other foodie, language and travel lovers
What will I learn and take away from this event?
- Time to dream and plan travels
- Information on planning a trip to Vietnam
- A hitlist of top Vietnamese must-try foods
- A list of keywords and phrases to learn in Vietnamese
- Tips on how to pronounce your favorite Vietnamese dishes
- A chance to ask the expert panel questions about travel, food, and language in Vietnam
- Interaction and connection with other food, language, and travel lovers
- A chance to feel connected and inspired
- A chance to learn about a new culture, language, and destination
If you can’t attend live, a full replay of the event will be available for you!