I am a huge fan of the Women in Language conference.
In 2018 I was a participant not sure exactly what to expect and never having participated in an online conference before. But boy it blew my expectations!
Here are my 9 reasons to join the online Women in Language conference in 2019!
- Firstly, the format of an online conference means that this has to be the most convenient and easy and comfortable conference I have EVER been to! No dressing up, no commuting or expensive air tickets, no accommodation $ and no mingling for hours after the sessions finish….! None of that!
In fact, you can stay in your PJs with a hot cuppa and participate in this conference!!
2. Secondly, an all-female line up in celebration of International Women’s Day
3. A supportive, caring and encouraging environment – guaranteed!
4. International speakers and participants from right across the world
5. The 2018 gave me the confidence to give my own language learning and language travel website a go – and 9 months on Lingo Mama is going strong. And this year, in 2019 I am a speaker at the conference!
6. A per cent of the takings from this event is donated to charity – this year to Wikitongues.
7. Learn new language learning techniques, hear inspiring stories, get access to new resources and meet new friends online at the 2019 event. (You might even be inspired to learn a new language or start up your own language business!)
8. Connect with other language learners and language lovers right across the world!
9. The tickets are $29, and this gives you access to the full four-day conference program live, PLUS all replays forever, plus access to the Women in Language facebook group, heaps of cool prizes in the raffle, and a digital notebook for all your ideas and brainwaves during the conference.
I can’t wait until the conference kicks off – Thursday 7 March – Sunday 10 March.
If you’re keen to catch me live – I am presenting on Saturday 9/3 1900 GMT (Sunday 10/3 6.00am AEST).
I’m also part of a panel presentation (Balancing languages; loved ones and little ones) on Friday 1900 GMT (Saturday 6.00am AEST).
I would LOVE to see you there and have you part of our chatroom and conference experience!! Yippeeee!
There are a bunch of other presentations I am looking forward to as well. Here are a few I will be at:
Jess Brown – How my accidental language became my business
Lindie Botes – Identity crisis: The ups and downs of living, working and dating in a foreign language
Shahidah Foster — What you need to know about working in another country with language
Elizabeth Bruckner – The fine art of language exchange
Elena Gabrielli – The 2 key ways to making language learning into a tool against anxiety
Elisa Polese – 10 little secrets to help you learn any language (even several at the same time!)
Buy your ticket here!
And I’ll ‘see’ you at the Women in Language conference 2019!
PS if you’re still not sold, listen to the latest podcast episode from The Fluent Show – and you can hear from attendees from the 2018 conference (including meeeee!) and find out more about what’s new in 2019!